Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Diving in...

I am sure the swim references will get tired really quickly, but I figure if you have a theme, you might as well stick with it. After dealing with a full on, frontal assault on my sense of decency from the New Orleans politicians day after day, I decided to enter the fray...albeit without much fanfare. But I am not here for the fanfare, I'm here to vent, and there is a lot to vent about, to say the least.

I would like to start with our venerable mayor. How is this guy still in office. He has clearly lost his mind. After chastising Lee Zurik for doing his job (which happens to be taking his punk ass to task when millions of dollars in recovery money are misappropriated as they appear to have been) he asks how Zurik is aiding the city's recovery. He's aiding the recovery by acting as the fourth estate you tremendous douche bag! The watch dog aspect of the media is one of the only things that makes it worthwhile. I think we should all have the opportunity to punch Nagin in the gut (a la Derrick Shepard on his ex-girlfriend) for continuously dropping the ball in the nearly three years since the storm.

I don't know that he was all that qualified in the first place. How is running a quasi-monopoly all that difficult. Cox cable's pitch back when he was at the helm could have been "you want cable? Then fuck you, we're all you got." I mean truly this guy is a charlatan. All he wants is to act like a drunken idiot in front of Gallier Hall on Fat Tuesday, and spend the rest of the year dodging reporters and screwing the citizens to the wall. Remarkable.

I don't know if someone else could have done a better job, but I know they couldn't have done any worse. The last two years of the Nagin administration may be the longest of my life. I hope the whole NOAH thing cleans out city hall...empty offices will be far better than what's there now.

No comments: